I love being in the company of men. I know they are far from perfect, but so am I. There are things a man can do for you that makes your knees buckle, but there are also those simple things that just put a smile on your face. There are at least five things I hope men never ever stop doing.
1. Playing chef in the kitchen. I don't care if it is Aunt Jemima pancakes or a box of macaroni and cheese; I appreciate when my man makes me a meal. He does not have to be a culinary genius but just considerate enough to say, "baby sit down and have a nice hot meal." I could remember a relationship I stayed in longer than I normally would have because he could cook his ass off. He would piss me off, I would get ready to leave but not before the last supper. That food was so mouth watering it made you forget your mama's cooking. So of course I stayed the night again. There is nothing sexier than a man standing in front of a stove with that cute apron wrapped around him.
2. Taking care of my car. I know this is the 21st century and we women are independent and capable of taking care of ourselves, but I don't like changing tires. I know there is the mechanic at the dealership but I like when my man says let me take care of the car for you this weekend. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
3. Opening the door. Chivalry is not dead. There are still men out there who will hold a door open for you. It always brings a smile to my face. Helping me grab my bag from the overhead is nice too.
4. Complimenting. I am never mad when a man says, "hey beautiful", or hi gorgeous. He could be a complete stranger and I kindly accept the compliment. Obviously those words hold more weight if it is being said by someone you are feeling. Terms of endearment never get old.
5. Rocking facial hair. I love, love, love a well groomed beard on a man. I don't want men to ever stop growing facial hair. There is something about a beard that screams pure masculinity. I will admit it here, I have a goatee fetish and I am not ashamed to say it.