Saturday, October 5, 2013

Natural Hair & Beauty Expo: Orlando, Florida

I made it to my second year at the 4th Annual Natural Hair & Beauty Expo in Orlando, Florida.
The event moved to a much bigger venue, The Orlando Convention Center.  There were seminars about hair, beauty, and self awareness, throughout the day.   There were over 50 booths selling art, natural hair, beauty and health products. The vendors were from all over Florida and if my pockets were deeper I would have grabbed a few more items.  I did gather their business cards and will support more of them in the near future.

Honey Suckle Moon by L'Angela

I grabbed the Roots Trees and Flowers Tea Soap.  It has Jamaica Castor Oil and Burdock Root. The Dread Head Mane Puddin has a great aroma and does not leave any residue.  I have been using it to moisturize my hair and retwist my locs.

The Frankincense African Shea Butter Cream has the best subtle aroma

Rebirth  Tonic & Daily Maintenance
Rebirth is a great daily moisturizer, that is not greasy.  It is available at Zuresh.com.  I tested out several of their products and they have a great line.


Nappturally Chic Jere gave a great seminar on the L.O.C. Method.  Liquid, Oil, and Cream. It is a great way to moisturize loose hair. One of the big issues with wearing your hair in its natural form is keeping it moisturized.  Working out, the elements, and day to day activities can seriously dry your hair out.  The L.O.C. method is a cost effective and harmless way to moisturize your natural. You spritz your hair with bottled water apply it to your hair and then follow it with a water based oil and seal it with a cream.

The last event I attended was the Hair & Fashion Showcase on the main stage.  Can't wait until next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLACK EXCELENCE FOREVER

Since some of the fucked-up world changes that occurred in 2017, I have not been inspired to write anything.  Until now.  Black Panther p...